Ads

TMB

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

Analytics

Monday, June 6, 2016

Summer Bucket List 2016

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

Summer bucket list and why you need one too..

          We have all thought about it or know someone who has. What is it? A bucket list of course! But why do I have to wait til retirement? Or til the age of 40 or 50? Shouldn't we have a daily bucket list? I know.. Im asking too many questions.. oh well!

          Since attending school is year-round for me I don't want my son to feel like he wishes he was at school because it would be better than watching me do homework. That's when I realized... Duh! I'm a planner! I always give him great fun filled summers and he never knows when we're broke or not haha! He just knows he's going to busy having fun no matter what! So what's the difference this time? Well..., this time I decided to write it down and share with all of you! You may not be able to do everything on my list but, you may just be inspired to plan out your summer. Maybe this will inspire you to create your own summer bucket list. Because this is his first summer as a teenager (side-eye look of worry), and we know teens are moody because, well, that's their job after all; I decided to include him on the ideas I had for this summer bucket list. Please be prepared to hear, "no I don't want to do that this summer". I made a huge list and had him add his own ideas plus remove the ideas I came up with that he didn't want to do. The more you make them feel that they came up with the idea, the more they will be inclined to participate.  

          I get summers off so I get to spend quality time with my 5 foot 7 inch tall tween baby haha. Yes! he will be my baby even when he is 50 and the grandkids will laugh because I call their dad my baby haha. Ok, so back to the subject. Luckily being a planner is what my boyfriend finds to be my most attractive quality. He was so excited to hear about our summer bucket list. There wasn't a specific amount of activities. Just a list of simple, and out of town adventures. 

          You're probably asking why you need a list. Like what's the big deal right? Well, there were times we would forget we could have gone certain places because we had the time. Also, it prevents sitting around saying, so.... what are we gonna do? If you have a list you can make sure to take advantage of the summer weather and stay busy. We make family time a huge priority and you don't have to spend a ton of money if any at all when you make a fun list of activities that can be done at home, in your local town, or a day trip away from home. Please remember that your list should fit your wallet, and be unique to your family's needs and wants. Are you ready to be inspired?! 

Here's the list!:

- Drive-in theater in Riverside, Ca.
- Visit our local museum
- Visit at least 3 museums in L.A. (Some days are free admission to certain ones)
- Go to the San Diego Zoo
- Have a bonfire while cooking dinner outside on the grill at least 5 times during the summer
- Visit La Placita Olvera in Los Angeles http://www.olvera-street.com/ 
- China Town in L.A.
- El Mercadito in L.A. 
- (We do this often) Take the dogs for a walk in Downtown Palm Springs
- Go to the beach, Santa Monica is at the top of our beach list (I'll take recommendations on SoCal beaches)
- Play tennis at the park
- Put a mattress in the living room and watch movies all night 
- Hiking---- La Quinta Trails, Palm Desert Bump and Grind, Palm Springs Indian Canyon Trails 
- Swimming at the pool 
- Take a day trip to Lake Hemet and Idyllwild
- Visit L.A. Fashion District
- Watch the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie of course! 

I'm excited and can't wait to post and share all of our summer adventures with you guys! 

-I've added some random photos of my little fam haha-









No comments:

Post a Comment